Thursday, July 24, 2008

Burlington International Airport

I'm home!  On Thursday, I had to get up at 4 AM and take a taxi to the Burlington airport (because my car is STILL being fixed), and I got into the Philly airport around 8:30.
It's been busy at the farm!  We have a new intern, Clara, who is going to be with us for 10 days. So many interns!  The farm is crawling with them!  Since Clara is there, I am not just sitting around by myself all the time, which probably contributes to my spotty posting lately.  Sorry about that.  
What's new on the farm...let's see.  
Well, Wednesday would normally have been my day off, but since I am leaving for 5 days, I wanted to work.  It was pouring when I got up at 7:30.  When I asked Hannah what I should do, she suggested that I help Shannon catch all the piglets because they were going to be castrated.  I put on my boots and headed out in the thunder and lightening.  Hannah said that she and Shannon would catch the piglets and then hand them off to me and Clara.  We would then run up the steps and put them in a pen in the barn.  What they didn't mention was how bewildered the piglets and their mother looked and how LOUDLY the piglets screamed when they were grabbed.  It was not my kind of job.  I ran away and went to work in the cheese cave, organizing shelves of packing equipment.  Yes, give me a job that involves moving rolls of tape and stickers from one shelf to another.  I can handle that.  
Last night I went to see She & Him in concert with my best friend Stephania.  It was so cool to see Zooey Deschanel in person...it was like meeting a famous person!  Even though we didn't actually meet her.  She was wearing a sparkly light blue dress and a blue bow in her hair.  She also played the tambourine.  There is a video below, a stunning example of my film expertise.  This is the song "Black Hole."
Before I went to the concert, I went blueberry picking with my mommy.  We went to a place called Indian Orchards, which has become my new favorite place to pick fruit in the last few years.  They grow their produce sustainably and as organically as possible.  We also picked some peaches that smelled so sweet it was like inhaling summer.
Tomorrow is the big annual trip Rocky Acre Farm!  WOO!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

I AM SO JEALOUS.

guess where i am right now?

(i'll save you the guesswork -- i'm at the bean&leaf and en route to conn for the night.)

Lisa said...

WHAT? why?

Susanna said...

because i can!

...and because i didn't feel like sleeping at home tonight for my day off. floors are classier.