Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day!

Hellooooo, dear readers.  I will update you on my recent life...
On Saturday, I went to the Middlebury market, as usual.  The day started out so slowly that we were legitimately afraid that we would go home with all of the cheese.  But it picked up quite a bit and we ended up doing well.  And I sold all my bread but one loaf!  Yay.  That night I went to Branbury Beach with Hannah, Greg, the kids, Greg's mom and stepfather, and Hannah's parents.  It was so nice to get in the water, which I haven't done yet this summer, surprisingly.  
I worked from 8-12 yesterday, putting together Lake's Edge and pouring Lake's Edge and Crottina.  Then Molly came to visit!  I introduced her to the goats, and they got along very well.  The cats took to her, too. 
Today, I worked from 8-12 flipping Crottina and putting together more Lake's Edge.  Whew!  I did afternoon chores with Tucker and we finished in RECORD TIME, 'cause we're awesome.  For dinner, I had broccoli and kale with chick peas.  I also roasted a small sweet potato and a beet from the garden!  It was SO good.  So sweet and beautifully colored.  
Mosquito season in Vermont is supposed to be from around May 15th - June 15th (I think), and it was really not bad at all.  I assumed we were safe from the mosquito plague after the June 15th deadline, but apparently I was wrong.  Lesson #1: Don't assume anything, especially if it involves Vermont and nature.  It has been raining a lot here, and all the standing water allowed lots of mosquitos to breed.  You can't really go outside without being bitten a few times.  It really sucks, because the weather is so beautiful.  Hopefully it won't last.  
In other, much happier news, Stephania is coming to visit!  She and her mom and brother are coming up on Friday.  Sam (Steph's brother) is going to be a junior in high school and he is looking at UVM, so they are stopping at the farm on their way to Burlington!  Woo!  
I put up a new song.  It's a Jack Johnson song, which means it's amazing, because the name Jack Johnson is synonymous with amazing.  Fo realz.

No comments: