Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Here!

        
I made it!  It took me 7 hours to get here with only 2 stops.  But I was pretty impressed with myself...I mean, the longest I've ever driven on the highway was from Philly to Allentown and that's only an hour.  I kept myself occupied with my iPod...I am pretty sure I did not stop singing for the entire time, even when I stopped to pee.  I sang in the bathroom.  Not lying.
I took some pictures on the way up, but I don't have any of the goats yet.  I did meet them, but I didn't have my camera on me, unfortunately.  They all have names and they are very cute.  And they do go "baahhhhh," in case you were wondering.  Besides the goats, animals living on the farm include a multitude of chickens, a few pigs, 2 sheep, a dog named Connelly, and a cat who just had kittens.
In addition to meeting the goats, I met the farmers, Hannah and Greg!  They are both 30 and very awesome and sweet.  They have two kids (children, I mean, not baby goats) named Livia (5) and Hayden (3).  They are a little crazy, but not nearly as crazy as my nieces and nephews.  
Tomorrow I am getting up at 6 (they are letting me sleep in a bit on my first day) to start to learn how to milk.  I'm kinda nervous! I'll keep you posted...the rest of the posts hopefully won't be this long.  

4 comments:

Susanna said...

singing in a bathroom? tsk tsk tsk...what are you, me?

Lisa said...

haha apparently being with you during all my waking hours had some effect.

Steph said...

soooo....im extremely impressed with ur driving!...i wouldve fallen asleep at the wheel. and u remembered to call mommy!!!! hehe...and guess what! i might babysit for ur neices and nephews! ahhhh!!!

Lisa said...

you might be babysitting for ryan and justin and ashley all at the same time? god help you.