Thursday, June 12, 2008

As Cool As I Am

I'm tired.  So I'm not putting up pictures or writing what I ate or doing any of that superfluous nonsense.  
Today I woke up.  At 7.  And then I worked from 8 until maybe 2 or 3 (?) salting chévre, washing moulds, and pouring camembrie.  When I emerged from the temperature controlled cheese house I found that it was a beautiful day!  Breezy and in the 70's.  Now that's what I imagined a Vermont summer would be like.  I weeded the garden for about 45 minutes...I could have seriously done it for a few hours, but that was when the first wagon of hay arrived.  Duh duh duhhhhhh.  I'd unloaded hay once at my horse farm camp, SMA, and it was not the most pleasant experience.  Although they did take us out for ice cream afterwards.  Hey, Hannah and Greg, why didn't you guys buy me ice cream?  Oh, that's right.  I'm a vegan.
Anyway.  
One person has to stand in the hay wagon and load bales onto the belt that carries the bales up into the hay loft.  Two other people are up in the hay loft, grabbing the bales and stacking them.  I wasn't really too much help because I can only lift one bale at a time and each bale is almost as big as me.  I got some cool haying blisters, though.  And some lovely hay chafe on my arms.  It's really attractive.  And I got to ride in the hay wagon!  Hay rides never get old, apparently. 
In other news, I climbed halfway up the silo.  It was a beautiful view.

I ate some stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  It was good.
Good night.

5 comments:

rachael said...

Lis, there is an entire stand-up routine that could come out of this experience. I find myself laughing out loud, a lot.

Susanna said...

yeahhh dar williams reference : )

I GOT YOUR CARD AND YOUR ANISE. you are adorable beyond words.

aunt shelley said...

Lisa - It appears I can now get into my google account

You should publish this hilarious adventure Country Living or something

You sound tired though - glad your parents are coming up to visit and you can take off a bit

aunt shelley said...

Lisa - I LOVE reading your hilarious experiences
you could have a column in country living or something
Love - Aunt Shel

Lisa said...

susanna, my dear, i sent you lavender, not anise. smell it, it's delicious and doesn't make me gag.

I'M GLAD PEOPLE THINK I'M FUNNY

I should just write instead of speak. It seems to go much better for me.