Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's Thursday Again!

It's Thursday again!  Thursday, if you don't remember, is the crazy cheese day where I wash moulds for hours.  But since Tucker's working now, it was not as crazy.  My fingers still got pretty pruny though.  
Daily Blue Ledger:
I woke up at 7:00 and did all that morning stuff like eating breakfast (I ate leftover samosas...yum!), getting dressed, etc., and went out to the cheese house at 8.  I was about 5 minutes late because I was downloading some Sufjan Stevens.  I had an urge.  We salted the chévre from yesterday, washed ALL those moulds, and sanitized the camembrie moulds.  Then we had a nice long lunch break, during which I ate salad and swung on the swing set.  Back in the cheese house, we cut the curds, poured the camembrie, and cleaned the bulk tank.  Then it was 4 and we were done!  Time passes so quickly while I'm working.  It's almost frightening.  I made a quick dinner...
Barn Swallows:
Potato Tomato Salad
Potatoes of any sort, boiled
Tomatoes
Basil leaves
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Paprika
Salt
Slice potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.  Put in a hot pan with oil.  Sprinkle salt and paprika on top of each slice.  Cook until brown on one side, and flip.  Sprinkle again with salt and paprika, and let brown on other side.  In the meantime, slice tomatoes slightly thinner than the potatoes.  Layer potatoes, tomatoes, and basil leaves.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Sprinkle with more salt, if desired.  Enjoy this light dinner.
After dinner I babysat for Livia and Hayden from about 6:30 - 9:30.  We watched Howl's Moving Castle (that animation in that movie is so gorgeous...everyone should see it and read the book) and read 101 Dalmations.  I've never had such an easy time babysitting.  Those kids are awesome.  And now I'm going to sleep!  Goodnight.

No comments: