Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Taste Of India

Picture 1:  Oh, those Vermantas, they do what they want ta.
Picture 2:  This shirt says "America's Pastime."  I, of course, read "Erica's Pastrami." 
Have I mentioned that I don't have air conditioning?  I could have it, but I'm just masochistic like that.  Just kidding, I like the heat.  Although, less humidity might be nice.  I'm a bit too sticky and sweaty to really be seen in public.  
Daily Blue Ledger:
Woke up at 7, cheese house by 8ish, poured curds until 12ish.  Then I went from cheesemaker to housewife and made lunch, took out the trash, did my laundry, hung everything on the clothesline, washed the dishes, and folded my dry clothes.  Afterwards, I went for a little walk to a bridge that overlooks a creek/river/stream and read my current book while other people were fishing.  When I got back to my little apartment, I realized 1. I didn't feel like cooking dinner and 2. I had an intense craving for Indian food.  So I went out for dinner!  By myself.  Which was an interesting experience...I've never done that before.  Not sure I want to do it again, but I'm glad I did it.  I got Aloo Chana Saag (Potatoes and Chickpeas in Spinach) and Garlic Naan.  The best thing about Indian food is that you can always take some home with you and have the leftovers for lunch.  Or breakfast, if you're me.  Oh, I forgot to mention that before I went out I did a Zumba (I obviously just discovered you could link things on the blog) tape and danced around like a fool in 95 degree heat for about 40 minutes.
Now I'm going to sleep!  Because on a farm, that's what you do at 9 PM.

1 comment:

rachael said...

It's rachael. I'm on your mom's computer, so I don't know if it will say my name or hers. Will you make me those samosas next time you come home? I love samosas and they always put cilantro in them, which I hate. How about chevre with apricot jam and pecans?