Monday, June 9, 2008

Cinnamon Bell


I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP so this is going to be short.  I hope.  
Daily Blue Ledger:
I woke up at 7 and went out to the cheese house at 8.  I flipped crottina in RECORD TIME and then put together some Lake's Edge.  It was weird, I've worked with the ash at least 3 other times, but today I could smell it.  Very odd.  Then I wrapped camembrie until 12.  After that, I ate some of the camembrie that I'd be saving in my refrigerator since last weekend; it was so perfect and delicious!  I'm glad I waited.  I kinda moseyed (that's actually how you spell the past tense of "mosey"...does that look strange or is it just me?) around until it was time to milk.  I think that's what I did, at least.  The heat may be affecting my memory.  I had Tucker to help me milk, which was lovely.  It's easier with two people.  Feeding the pigs, especially, is so much faster.  We had no major mishaps, although when I looked in during the 2nd to last group, there were 5 girls instead of 7 in the holding area.  I don't know where these girls go!  It's a mystery!  Anyway, I went out and immediately found the two that were missing.  Finding them, however, is one thing.  Catching them is quite another.  One of them is really old and adorable and wears a bell around her neck and just submitted meekly to being led back inside, but the other one decided that she didn't want to be milked today.  So I ran around after this goat in my spotted boots for a little while.  She tried to hide herself in a group of three goats.  Really?  Three?  Like I'm not going to see you?  So I caught her then and brought her back in.   In general, though, it was very successful.  I had a light salad for dinner...
Barn Swallows:
Avocado Tomato salad with Lemon Ginger Dressing
Avocado slices
Tomato slices
Cooked/canned chickpeas
Any kind of sprouts...alfalfa, pea, sunflower, etc
Lemon
Olive oil
Salt
Fresh Ginger
Nutritional yeast
Put avocado, tomato, and chickpeas in bowl.  Top with sprouts.  Grate ginger, squeeze juice into a small bowl.  Add lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to ginger bowl.  Combine.  Pour dressing over salad and sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top.  

Night night, my vast readership.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

"...like silent raindrops fell

(cinnamon bell!)"

Lisa said...

so necessary